Thursday, May 24, 2007

interesting....

when my 4 year old son gets upset with his sister - and yells, pushes, screams and basically becomes a bully towards her - crying she runs to moms arms

now 2 children later i have learned a few things - NEVER wipe booboos, until you know who actually CAUSED the booboos.....see if the sister is stealing toys, bracking crayons, and basically going out of her way to annoy said brother - well that's a different story.....and pretty much BOTH children get a good talking to

and in that single moment of repremanding the sister - the brother turns - it's so fast I get whiplash --- HE TURNS....he goes from being the annoyed brother, blaming basically anything wrong in the world on said sister, the one who would sell his sister for a puppy -boy, to the one who WIPES THE BOOBOOS, the protector, "awe natalie, it's ok, don't cry" hug, kiss, hug, wipe tears........now who's the bad guy? when did this happen to me?


I swear they both have me so wrapped around their pudgy little fingers I don't know where I begin or end!

1 comment:

Emilia Thee Great said...

I'm sorry, I think that must just be the way it goes. All I can remember is being told to work it out ourselves. I think being 4th of 5 puts me at the short end of the parenting rope.