Tuesday, June 25, 2013

5 Places in the World I want to visit...

There is a running joke in my home. When mom is going to loose it, I start threatening to runaway...to Timbuktu. It's become such a common joke, that whenever the luggage comes out for a trip..my 4 year old starts to get upset, cuz she really thinks I'm leaving!
But in all seriousness, my challenge is to write about 5 places I want to go to, that I've never been too.  So in order...

1. Wyoming
Now it may be odd for some people. It's not some far off secluded beach. But ever since seeing Dances with Wolves, I've been a little obsessed with the country and the plains. There is so much land and beauty in our country that so many of us never see. My parents vacationed there when I was a teen, but couldn't go because of just starting a job...but they brought me dirt home...Wyoming dirt, yep still have it! Also the Bison is my favorite animal..not sure why, so don't ask.


2. Hawaii
Now here's one everyone will understand. The beauty, the food, the people, the music, the water, the land. I'd like to meet one person that DOESN'T want to go there!

3. Mexico
I want to see the ruins, the temples, the history. This is a bucket list spot for both my hubby and I.
Again there is just so much beauty we miss, that surrounds us!!


4. Swiss alps
Ok really any alps lol. But I have 1. always wanted to go over seas to Europe and 2. very much want to go to Switzerland. Even the name sounds so inviting!
Just like Hawaii how do you NOT want to go?

 
 
5. Africa
Come on..giraffes right next to you, elephants at the watering hole, oh my. The glory of one entire continent. The people, the food, the land, the animals...where do I begin when coming up with reasons why to go. I had a teacher in 2nd grade, she went on a safari once, brought back photos and items for us to see.....I've been mesmerized ever since!!

 
 
Now this world is way too big to just have 5 places...so, lets add 5 more.
6. Asia...mostly cuz of the history, beauty, and amazing culture so different from mine.
7. New York...to visit not to love.
8. L.A....again to visit not to love.
9. Peru...ruins, history, beauty.
10. And lastly another bucket list...Alaskan glaciers.
 
 
What about you, got a #1 destination spot?


No comments: