Monday, December 3, 2012

An Advent Season 2012 ~ pt.1

Now with 4 in our home - I'm wanting to start some new traditions...having pinterest is helpful too!
Every year we have done some sort of Advent calender - our fav has been putting lil pounches on our Christmas tree, with treats and candy that the children take turn finding.

This year I wanted to do more of an activity, something fun as a family each day. This can be as simple as card making or as elaborate as snow painting. So I have come up with 25, yes 25 random fun things to do as a family. Most of these we do every year, but this time I can be a bit organized and not try to do everything all at once, and missing out on others - and in the long run not feeling guilty about not doing that special activity!


And to add to the "opening" of a window, I have decided to put together 25 Christmas books that I wrapped and randomly numbered. In each book, is the day's activity. We open up our books in the morning, allowing mom to plan out the day's activity and before bed we read the book together. I wrapped them all up, so no one can peek!!

Now, this was not an easy feat! Who has money to shop for new books, at Christmas ~ especially after all the gift shopping is done! Well, there is this great concept in our society - goodwill & resale shops...I didn't pay over 1.00 for any of the books!!
Now, over the next few years the books will change I'm sure, keeping the ones we really like.

So in my future "pt.2" post I will list all the titles of the books, and our activities that we do...since I didn't keep a list, we'll all just have to wait till they are opened! :)

No comments: