Tuesday, March 16, 2010

so, was reading....

sometimes I venture into the Internet, like I daydream.
one thought leads to another, leading to another and seconds later you are nowhere where you once were thinking...

..if you have no clue what I"m talking about - stop reading and go to another blog, cuz honey you in the wrong place...

but today i found myself just grazing through different sites, googling this and that and came upon this great blog,
about being a Sugar Junkie and having PCOS....

incase you didn't know - I have been diagnosed with PCOS > and if you don't know what it is.....google it.

....now this gal (back in 09) was a bit scared finding out she has this, scared that she may never get pregnant, and really scared that her life is about to change....exercise, food's to/not to eat, etc.
Now, that wasn't what caught my eye --

-- cuz yeah, I've been there. The scared part that is, the "what do I do now?" feeling, the "how do I fix this?" feeling, the "will I ever get pregnant?" feeling {and by the way yes...I have 3 lil ones - w/o fertility drugs/treatments!!}, but mostly in my head "what will happen to me in the future?" feeling. --

-- What caught my eye was a comment on her first blog, the one announcing to the world she has PCOS and has Insulin issues and has to eat/live like a diabetic. (and incase you are reading this and didn't know - yes Insulin issues is the #1 issue I may have live with besides, Hdisease, Kidney problems, or Stroke....the list goes on)

The comment is inregards to the author having to change her life, food/exercise/etc.....

"It’s a scary path and one that looks like it will be zero fun to walk. That’s when we have to make big grown up decisions. Do we continue to embrace our childlike desire to live carefree lives ignoring what we should and have to do? Or, do we “b**** up Sally” (my boss told me that once) and do what has to be done? I guess it all depends on how badly we want correct our problem."

That last sentence struck a nerve with me...a good one.

How badly do I want to correct my problem.

(I'm not a fan of the very very foul language on her site -- but it was nice to read something from her heart - something that I go through, off and on.)
http://sugarjunkie.gysago.com/
another great blog:
http://soulcysters.blogspot.com/

No comments: