Tuesday, May 7, 2013

What's in a name?

People call me a lot of things...and some names I don't even know about. But I have three nicknames I will answer to, besides my actual name, what my hubby calls me, or what my kids call me. These names were given to me by special people in my life, at special times in my life.

T.T. My family nickname..so the story goes I couldn't pronounce my own name when I was learning to talk...and I called myself TeeTaa...and there you go, even 30 some odd years later, my extended family still can call me that.

Wildabeast. Yep, the animal, and also the incorrect way of spelling it I think. In my moody years...well at least the years I became moody..ie: entering puberty...I would charge at people, friends, etc. And my friends loving nicknamed me this.

Tsa. My favorite. My wonderful hubby just couldn't remember how my name was spelled when we would write notes to each other during our dating years in school. And one day he started the note with Tsa...it kinda stuck, and really he's the only one aloud to use it.

So what's in a name? A lot about the person, the personality, and the friendships shared.
Now if you call me Terry..warning, I won't answer.

No comments: